Mumbai, 23rd September 2023– Nahar Group, a pioneer in championing green initiatives, once again demonstrates its unwavering commitment to environmental sustainability and community engagement. The renowned real estate developer recently organized a two-day workshop, titled “Eco-friendly Ganesha & Makhar Workshop,” at Nahar’s Nectarfield Club on September 16th and 17th, 2023.
Ganesh Chaturthi, a festival celebrated with great enthusiasm across India, often involves the use of non-biodegradable materials in the creation of Ganesha idols and decorations, leading to environmental concerns. In response to this, Nahar’s Nectarfield Club took the initiative to host this innovative workshop, with the aim of promoting eco-consciousness and nurturing artistic talents within its community.
The workshop, attended by approximately 250 residents of Nahar’s Amrit Shakti community, offered an immersive experience in crafting eco-friendly Ganesha idols and Makhar while emphasizing the use of sustainable materials. Key highlights of the event included:
1. Workshop Dates :
– Makhar Workshop: September 16, 2023
– Eco-friendly Ganesha Idol Workshop: September 17, 2023
2. Venue: Nahar’s Nectarfield Club, Nahar’s Amrit Shakti
3. Attendance: Approximately 150 participants on Day 1 and 200 participants on Day 2
4. Workshop Focus:
– Eco-friendly Ganesha Idol Crafting: Participants learned to create Ganesha idols using Shadu Miti, an eco-friendly clay that is free from harmful chemicals and degrades rapidly in water. This sustainable alternative ensures that the immersion of Ganesha idols does not harm the environment.
– Makhar Making: The workshop also featured the creation of Makhar (decorative arches) using newspaper and cardboard, promoting the use of recycled materials in festive decorations.
One of the remarkable additions to this year’s celebration was the installation of an artificial immersion pond, designed to facilitate the eco-friendly immersion of Ganesha idols. This pond not only provided a safe and convenient space for residents to perform Visarjan (immersion) but also served as a testament to Nahar Group’s steadfast commitment to sustainable traditions.
Ms. Manju Yagnik, Vice Chairperson of Nahar Group and Senior Vice President of NAREDCO said that, “At Nahar Group, we believe in fostering a sense of community while also being responsible stewards of the environment. The Green Ganesha project is a perfect embodiment of these principles. We are thrilled to see the enthusiastic participation of our residents in embracing eco-consciousness and artistic expression.”
Nahar Group’s Green Ganesha Reloaded initiative stands as a shining example of how traditional festivals can be celebrated with creativity and eco-consciousness at the forefront. The company continues to lead the way in promoting sustainable living and responsible community engagement.